As of October 8, 2022, new Florida SHOTS passwords must have the following parameters:
- Must be 10 to 30 characters long
- Must contain at least 1 lower-case, 1 upper-case, 1 number and 1 special character
- Cannot contain common password words such as “password”, “admin”, “12345”, etc
- Cannot contain more than 4 of the same repeating characters
- Cannot contain your system user ID
- Cannot be any of the previous 3 password used or any password used in the last 90 days
Users will need to use new requirements when the system prompts them to update their password.