COVID-19 Vaccine Program participants can place their COVID-19 vaccine orders using Florida SHOTS. Please keep in mind the following information:
• COVID-19 vaccine is shipped in multi-dose vials containing 6 doses (Pfizer- BioNTech), 5 doses
(Janssen), 10 and 14 doses (Moderna).
• Please ensure that sufficient storage space exists to properly store and handle vaccine:
ultracold (Pfizer), conventional frozen (Moderna) or refrigerated (Janssen). Vaccines are
shipped in the following minimum quantities: Pfizer 450 and 1170 doses; Moderna 100 and
140 doses; Janssen 100 doses.
• The Pfizer 450 pack will not include the dry ice recharge shipped separately but will still be
provided for the 1170 pack.
• When ordering the Pfizer 450 pack, providers will need to indicate on the order page which
type of ancillary kit they need. One choice will be a pediatric kit which will only contain 1-inch
administration needles. The second choice will be an adult kit which contains a mixture of 1
inch and 1 ½ inch administration needles.
• Providers should only order what they need as orders can be placed more than once in any
given month. Providers should be mindful of vaccine expiration dates when maintaining an
accurate COVID-19 vaccine inventory.
• Boost doses are no longer automatically ordered for providers. Providers will need to place
these boost dose orders in Florida SHOTS.
Access our step-by-step guide on how to place the COVID-19 vaccine order HERE.