Beginning January 2020, the Immunization Section's VFC Annual Provider Staff Training will consist of CDC's "You Call the Shots” interactive, web-based training courses. The completion of two courses is required. Titles of the required courses are: Vaccines for Children (VFC) and Vaccine Storage and Handling.
Remember, the VFC enrollee, primary VFC coordinator and the back-up coordinator must complete the VFC annual provider training prior to annual reenrollment or before your next scheduled VFC compliance site visit, whichever comes first.
Beginning January 2020, the enrollee and coordinators must access the two training courses, noted above, at https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/ed/youcalltheshots.html. After completing each course, you will need to login or create a new account on Training and Continuing Education Online (TCEO) at www.cdc.gov/GetCE.
To receive a certificate of completion for each course and receive continuing education, as applicable, you will need to complete the following steps. After you login or create a new account on TCEO:
- Visit "Search Courses” to find the courses you completed.
- Scroll down and click on the title of the course.
- Review the information on the "Course Summary” page and click "Continue.”
- Choose the type of continuing education you'd like to earn. Select CEU to receive a certificate when you do not need continuing education.
- On the "My Activities” page under "Pending CE”, click on the course "Evaluation” and complete it. The posttest is not available to complete until you complete the evaluation
- On the "My Activities” page under "Pending CE”, click on the "Posttest” and complete it. If you don't pass the posttest, you will have one opportunity to retake it.
- On the "My Activities” page, visit the "Completed CE” section to download your certificate. You can also visit the "Transcripts & Certificates” page to download your certificate or transcripts.
Email your certificates to [email protected] with the VFC PIN in the subject line. Certificates can be sent any time prior to annual reenrollment. Your Immunization Section Field Staff will request to see your certificates during your VFC compliance site visit.
If you have specific questions related to the VFC Annual Provider Staff Training requirement, please contact Tracey Wyche at 850-901-6776 or via email at [email protected].